How To Make Homemade Shampoo For Dry, Damaged Hair?
Homemade shampoo has always been very popular for dry, damaged hair. It is an effective home-made hair care product. Moreover, the formula for such shampoos is very simple and affordable. This article will tell you about the benefits of homemade shampoos and how you can create them yourself. Thanks to the natural composition of these shampoos, they are ideal for cleansing hair extensions and wigs. After shampooing yourself, you don't have to worry; your artificial hair will look its best.
Homemade shampoo advantages and disadvantages
Women have used commercial hair care shampoos producing many beneficial results. However, these befits can be replicated on homemade products as well. Homemade shampoo has a lot of positive qualities, for which it is loved and appreciated. The next benefits of a natural remedy should be mentioned:
- Homemade shampoo can be made for any kind of hair.
- The product contains beneficial components.
- There are many recipes for homemade production soap so that you can select the better product for yourself.
- Such formulations are safe for human health.
- Creating soap for chevelure by yourself does not require serious financial investments.
Unfortunately, shampoos for chevelure loss or other problems are not ideal. They have drawbacks that you should be aware of before using the home remedy.
The disadvantages of self-made shampoo include the next features:
- These shampoos do not always remove all impurities from the chevelure and head skin.
- Do not give a good lather to make cleaning your chevelure comfortable.
- Some shampoos can desiccate out the head skin.
- One more negative factor is the short shelf life, as it contains no preservatives.
If these shortcomings do not cause significant problems, you can safely start experimenting with homemade shampoo in dry, damaged hair care.
How to make homemade shampoo
It's time to learn how to make homemade shampoo for hair. Compared to buying prepackaged hair care products, you might take some time in making your own personal product. For know, it is enough to find recipes for its preparation and follow the instructions exactly to do this.
You need to follow some rules to make a homemade shampoo successful.
- Ideally, all of the ingredients in your home remedy should be mixed in a blender. Only thanks to this it will be possible to achieve a uniform consistency.
- If oils are added to the product, they are preheated.
- Egg shampoo should be rinsed off with extremely warm or cool water.
- It is better to make self-made shampoo for a couple of applications not to have time to deteriorate.
Following these recommendations will allow you to create a self-made shampoo with your own hands, suitable for your chevelure type.
How to use homemade shampoos
How to use a homemade shampoo? There is nothing complicated and incomprehensible in this.
Do-it-yourself shampoo for any type of hair is used as follows:1. Initially, you need to moisturize your hair. It is advisable to desiccate them a little with a dry towel.
2. Next, a natural composition prepared at home is rubbed into the scalp.
3. On the skin and chevelure, the product is kept for about 5 minutes.
4. Then it is required to completely clean the shampoo from the chevelure with a large amount of water.
5. If necessary, this procedure can be repeated.
You can also rinse your chevelure with herbal decoctions after washing your head.
How to make homemade dry shampoo?
For some reason, girls who cannot provide to clean their hair often will be interested in homemade dry shampoo. There are many recipes for its preparation. Let's take a look at some of the most popular ones.
Here is one of the popular and easy homemade dry shampoo formulas you can produce. For each, you will need:
- Mix 1 tsp. salt and ½ cup flour.
- 15 g of soda and 60 g of chopped oatmeal.
- 1 tsp soda and 2 tsp. baby powder.
It is enough to use it to the oiliest areas on dirty chevelure to use such shampoo. As a rule, this is the root zone, and then carefully comb the chevelure. After combing well and removing any remaining homemade dry shampoo, your chevelure will appear clean. It is a good option for travel and other situations in which it is not possible to clean your chevelure with regular shampoo.
Clay has healing properties. Therefore, it is often added to home remedies for skin and chevelure care. It is permissible to prepare shampoos based on this product.
Moreover, clay is characterized by its cleansing properties, so it is appropriate to use it when washing your hair.
Volcanic clay works well for chevelure care. You can also choose a blue, white or green one.
How to wash your chevelure with clay
It is customary to dilute clay with warm water to get a mushy mass. This form is distributed through the chevelure, massaged thoroughly, and then washed off with warm water.
The product mustn’t dry out on the hair, as this is fraught with the deprivation of vital moisture to the curls.
Many girls have heard about egg shampoo, which helps to take care of their hair. It is made based on chicken or quail eggs.
It is recommended to use only egg yolk for chevelure cleaning. It is enriched with all the valuable elements that support curls’ health. Protein cannot boast of this. Besides, it is problematic to wash it out of the chevelure.
How to clean your chevelure with egg yolk?
First of all, you need to prepare a self-made shampoo to heal and moisturize your hair.
One yolk will suffice for a short chevelure. For long ones, it's best to take a few pieces.
The yolks separated from the proteins must be mixed with a small amount of warm water. It is required to whip up the foam and apply them to the head in these components.
Massage your skin a little, then rinse off the egg shampoo from your chevelure. If the chevelure is desiccated and in poor condition, it is recommended to hold the natural remedy on the head for 20 minutes. You can wrap your chevelure in plastic to enhance the effect. This homemade shampoo needs to be rinsed off thoroughly, but it will give your chevelure a great look and shine.
Mustard can also be used to make a shampoo that improves chevelure condition. The recipe for its preparation is very simple. You just need to do the following:
- It is required to take 2 tbsp. l. dry mustard.
- The mustard must be diluted in water until a creamy gruel is obtained.
- Apply a mustard mixture to damp hair.
- The head needs to be massaged a little, after which the mustard must be washed off the hair with warm water.
- Mustard helps hair regrow faster and fights the signs of dandruff.
Shampoo with mustard is recommended for owners of oily scalp. It is because it tends to dry out hair. These mustard blends help hair regrow when applied to the hair roots and used as a mask. The mustard begins to bake the skin and thus improves blood circulation in the hair roots. Due to this, hair begins to grow faster.
Homemade shampoos and masks with oils and organic ingredients will help you cleanse your hair and keep it looking healthy. Especially such shampoos will appeal to girls who plan to grow their hair. Moreover, homemade shampoos will be useful for owners of hair extensions. Artificial hair needs more moisture than natural hair. If you want to know more how to maintain your hair extensions then explore our JuvaBun site!