A Messy Bun of Hair - JuvaBun
Table of Contents
Messy bun extensions are one of the most versatile hairstyles, appropriate at home, at work, on vacation, and even at a wedding. Let's learn how to create scruffy bun hairpieces by following simple instructions from professional stylists.
Who is the hairstyle for?
A bun is a hairstyle that suits almost everyone - both curly and straight-haired girls. Having picked up the desired model, you can correct the head's shape face and visually "stretch" the neck, and even make the figure slimmer.
Ideal candidates for a classic bun are girls of medium build with an oval face. Almost all possible hairstyle variations suit them. A high bun on top of the head with bangs, side strands, visually narrowing the face is suitable for a square face, and messy bun hair pieces with long oblique bangs that visually narrow the forehead and expand the chin for girls with a triangular face. With a large build, the bun can be voluminous (for example, created using a hair extensions bun or donut), while the styling itself should not be too smooth - a light bouffant is welcomed.
Any bun opens the neck, focusing on it. If the neck is long, this is a plus. But what if a girl cannot boast of such a feature? The way out is to make a low bun hairpiece: this will shift the neck's emphasis, visually lengthening it.
A quick guide to creating messy bun hairpieces for different hair lengths
For long or short hair, tall or short, romantic or naughty - we master the theory of the beam and put it into practice.
- Comb through your clean, dry, loose hair, and apply styling mousse.
- Lightly comb the curls.
- Tie the ponytail, not too tight, and wrap it in a tourniquet.
- Wrap the resulting spiral of hair around the elastic and secure the result with invisible hairpins.
- Slightly loosen the bunch with your fingers to add volume, and secure with varnish.
For medium hair:
- Comb your curls, apply a styling mousse to them and divide them with a side or straight parting into two equal parts.
- Take both strands in your hands and tie them in a knot.
- Repeat the movement, forming another knot, if length permits.
- Twist the resulting spiral inward, creating a bun, and tucking the hair's tip inward.
- Fix the result using varnish.
For short hair:
- Comb your curls, apply styling mousse, and create curls with a curling iron or curler.
- Tie your hair into a mini ponytail at the back of your head.
- Comb the resulting tail.
- Gently straighten the hair, styling the strands to give the impression of a bun.
- Using invisibility and varnish, fix the styling.
For short hair, a hair extensions bun can also come in handy.
Whichever length you prefer: long or short hair, with a bun your look will always be more interesting and elegant!