How To Use Dry Shampoo For Dark Hair? - JuvaBun
Apply dry shampoo for dark hair before bed to extend the interval between washes without side effects. Then the product will have time to absorb sebum and will not leave a mark on dark hair. It will also help you wake up with a voluminous hairstyle and save time in the morning.
Dark hair is special: it is easy to see on them any small particles of sprays while on the hair of blondes styling products will remain invisible. Therefore, dry shampoo for dark hair must meet many requirements to be effective, invisible, and finely dispersed. Do many people wonder if dry shampoo is generally suitable for dark hair? Of course, you just need to choose the right one and know the secrets of using it.
It is not always possible to maintain the usual interval between hair washing procedures when using styling products. In large cities, the hairstyle loses its freshness faster. Dry shampoo for dark hair helps to prolong freshness. However, brunettes are most often faced with dry shampoo’s side effects as the white bloom on their hair.
Table of Contents
What are the alternatives to dry shampoo for dark hair?
Before the advent of dry shampoos, girls applied flour or starch to their heads to get rid of excess oil and make their hair more luxuriant. But this is for light and blond hair, and cocoa powder was the dry shampoo for brunettes. First of all, thanks to the color.
Too much time has passed since then to take these recipes seriously, but the principle of tinted dry shampoos for brunettes remains relevant. There are dry shampoos on the market designed specifically for brunettes and brown-haired women. Instead of white particles, they are brown or black. It turns out that dry shampoo with a tint has a toning effect. By the way, it will help hide overgrown roots or gray hair.
How does dry shampoo work?
Sweat secretions from the glands may not be noticeable on their own, but they effectively collect the finest dust and other particles from the air. Good dry hair shampoos allow you to cleanse your hair and scalp in a couple of tens of seconds and make it easier to create a hairstyle.
The main component of this type of cosmetic product is sorbents that absorb sweat secretions. Such a sorbent can be natural starch or flour of some cereals and potatoes, talc, clay, or synthetic derivatives. Its composition determines the principle of operation of dry hair shampoo:
- The sorbent absorbs sweat secretions.
- Active additives protect hair and skin from drying out, strengthen and nourish.
- Pigments allow you to preserve the shade of the hair and hide traces of dry shampoo application.
Types of dry hair shampoo
Most modern manufacturers produce dry hair shampoos in aerosol form. It is the most successful option for storage and use. Small bottles are convenient to take with you to work or leisure, and large ones are good for home supplies.
Dry shampoo in powder is less common since it is inferior to aerosol in terms of comfort of use (more difficult to apply and remove). But for many people, for example, with increased sensitivity of the mucous membranes or scalp, this form is more suitable.
Dry shampoo cannot be a complete substitute for traditional shampooing. But it definitely has several undeniable advantages:
- Speed. The entire cleaning and styling process takes just a few minutes.
- Mobility. Dry shampoos can be used almost anywhere, whatever you need, the product itself, a comb, and a mirror.
- Versatility is suitable for all hair types and shades. But if you have dry hair and scalp, then it is advisable to use dry shampoo as little as possible. Those who are familiar with the problem of dandruff or excessively oily hair need to be very careful about their choice.
Another plus of such a cosmetic product is that it cleanses the hair and makes it more obedient, and in the presence of special additives, it adds volume from the very roots. It will be easier to style your hairdo, whether you need a neat ponytail, styling, or bouffant. If you correctly alternate dry shampoo and traditional shampooing, dyed hair will retain its color longer. In addition, you can choose the option with your favorite scent.
How to use dry shampoo for dark hair?
Unlike the composition, the way dry shampoos are used has not changed for many years. Girls have used flour, starch, dried clay, and other natural sorbents to clean their hair earlier. Modern dry shampoo is easy to use:
- Apply dry shampoo to the hair. The main thing is evenly and not overdoing it with quantity.
- Wait for the time indicated on the specific vehicle. This time may vary for different products.
- Comb gently but thoroughly. This is necessary to remove dirt particles from the hair altogether.
- Get a hairstyle to suit the mood and the occasion.
Pay attention to a few points to consider before buying and applying dry shampoo:
- Natural grain powders contain gluten. Therefore, if you have partial or complete intolerance, it is better to exclude this option.
- On aerosols, it is necessary to indicate whether it is necessary to protect clothing and surrounding objects, the distance from which to spray, and the exposure time on the hair. All these points must be studied and must be followed.
- It is best to use a fine-toothed comb for cleaning. If you have a couple of minutes to spare, use the hairdryer on a cold setting to remove the smallest particles. You must alternate the use of dry and traditional shampoos.
- The recommended frequency of use is no more than twice a week. If you use dry shampoos more often, your pores will clog, inflammation or dandruff may develop.
- Blondes shouldn't take products for brunettes. But on the contrary, you can, the main thing is not often, and very carefully comb out the remnants of the sorbent.
Dry shampoo is the best multifunctional cosmetic product that will be useful in every cosmetic bag. If you go on a trip or even use hair extensions, dry shampoo is your indispensable assistant. Follow the rules of use, and you will have the perfect hairstyle every day.