Having long hair is a dream of most girls all over the world, but caring for long hair is a way harder process. The most challenging element in having long hair is waiting for them to grow to the desired length. Yes, it is like the seventh level of hell, or waiting for the needed bus coming by or watching the paint dry; in short, it is a slow and nervous process, but in the end, it will be worth it.
When you have long locks, the crucial moment is a special caring method. However still, lots of people don’t know how to care for their mane. If you treat your hair just like it is short, you will probably have some time problems.
If you read this line, you are precisely in the right place. We did the best and gathered several tips for extended hair care to deal with your long hair and turn them into Rapunzel locks.
Ditch The Habit Of Shampooing Your Hair Every Day
If you are still unaware of this tip and continue washing your locks once or twice a day, the next info is right for you.
- Lazy people, back off. We can’t even find a process that seems so long and tedious than washing hair. It takes forever to shampoo and eternity to let it dry or use a hairdryer.
- Disadvantages exceed advantages. It can make them prone to split ends and frizz. Every time you wash your hair with different shampoos that often include sulfates, you remove natural oil from your hair. This oil is produced by follicles and is needed for your hair to look healthy to protect it from the water creating a protective layer. The more you wash them, the more oils you wash out. Yes, there are many conditioners, and they can replenish those nutrients, but don’t hope for conditioner only. Use your head before you wash your hair the day after you have done it before. Just as a general rule, think of your locks as if they are a kitchen sponge. No, don’t wash it with dish soap, but remember that the more you shampoo them, the more worn out they become.
- Extended hair care can sometimes be challenging and requires all your attention and a little time. But If you like to wash your hair frequently, you need to dry them too and even straighten. All procedures can worsen your hair and fry it. So, don’t often use hot tools and let your hair air dry if you have free time.
Take A Deep Condition Procedure Once A Week
Long hair care is not an easy deal, but you will have no problems if you choose the right strategy. For example, a deep conditioner is a good thing to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and soft. In case you dye it or lightened, a deep conditioner can be a great help to it.
Now let’s have an in-depth look at how to apply deep conditioner for long hair care. There only six easy steps, so don’t worry but let’s go!
- Take a comb and brush your beautiful hair carefully before taking a shower.
- Wash your hair as usual.
- Squeeze out the excess water and dry it a little with a towel.
- Take a deep conditioner and apply it richly on your hair, but do not touch the roots, so your hair doesn’t become grease due to product buildup. Then take a comb with wide teeth and brush your hair carefully so conditioner has reached every single part of your hair.
- Fix your hair up with a clip-on top of your head and leave the conditioner to absorb for about 5-10 minutes.
- Take your hair out of the clip after 5 minutes of conditioner and rinse it carefully. The difference between before and after will be significant even after the first wash.
Visit Your Hairdresser And Keep Your Ends Trimmed
How to take care of long hair, we are sure that this is the biggest question being asked by those long hair owners. The most frequent difficulty is split ends because the longer it becomes, the more noticeable split ends get. When the outer layer of your hair, the cuticle, starting to wear off at the tips, exposes the proteins at the center of the hair that leads to split ends. But following our tips and tricks, you will postpone split ends arrival.
If you are still terrified of going to a hairdresser, we have a list of compelling arguments.
- Make trimming your habit, and it will benefit you with healthy, shiny hair and can even make it easier to drag a brush through it when you are styling your hair.
- You could hear a thousand thought that cutting hair can slow down. It’s growing, but it is only a thought and not true at all. If you let your hair grow for a long time without cutting them, they can become prone to split ends arrival. Trimming your hair will help you keep your locks from looking frayed and brittle.
- If you need to curl your hair or put it in a style that sticks your tips aways, it will be unwilling to cooperate with probability 100% and stick out to the sides.
- To prevent split ends, cut off 1 inch at least every two months. This procedure will keep them from getting out of control, even if it is the only thing you do otherwise in your long hair care.
Follow these easy-to-use tips, and we think you will never need to ask google how to take care of long hair.