Rules Of Using A Dry Shampoo - JuvaBun
In the morning you do not have enough time to thoroughly wash, dry, and style your hair? No problem, dry shampoo will always come to the rescue! Dry shampoo is considered a magical hairstyling remedy. Already from the name, it is clear that hair without washing will look freshly washed.
This is an incredibly convenient thing in any situation when there is no way to fully wash your hair. The result is noticeable immediately. The modern dry shampoo is an aerosol that resembles hairspray. It contains plant-based absorbents (rice, corn extracts), which, when applied to the hair, quickly absorb excess oil.
What types of shampoos are there?
There are three types of these shampoos: powder-pressed tile and aerosol.
Dry shampoos in the form of powder and pressed tiles can be found on sale today mainly in various ethnic stores. It is not always convenient to use powder formulations and pressed tiles for dry hair washing: it is difficult to apply the composition evenly, and you also need to comb your hair for a long time, care and protect your clothes, otherwise untidy marks may remain.
The most popular dry shampoos are aerosols. It's essential to know how to use spray dry shampoo. Such shampoos are much more convenient and pleasant to use: the product is evenly distributed and easily removed from the hair, leaving no residue either on the hair or on the clothes.
What is included in dry shampoo?
Most often, manufacturers take as a basis one of the following effective ingredients that absorb excess sebum and add volume to the hair:
- rice, corn, or oat flour;
- potato or rice starch;
- dry cosmetic clay - white, blue, green, pink, or black;
- fragrances or fragrances - for an additional sensation of freshness.
Sometimes additional nutrients are added to the composition:
- essential oils;
- antibacterial components;
- useful plant extracts;
- mineral salts;
- complexes of valuable fatty acids;
How to use dry shampoo?
- Shake the bottle well. The more carefully you do this, the more evenly the dry shampoo will lay.
- It is important to know how to apply dry shampoo. Try to do this by parting your hair. Spray it strand by strand. Dry shampoo must absorb excess oil from the hair so that it must be applied to the entire scalp.
- Keep your distance. The distance from the pipette to the roots must be at least 15–20 centimeters. The intensity of the jet also matters. Pressing should be short and forceful.
- At the end of the procedure, spray a small amount of the product on the ends of the hair. This will help freshen up the overall hairstyle and give the styling structure.
- Use a hairdryer to better distribute the shampoo on the head.
- Comb the hair thoroughly, paying particular attention to the roots. Note: It is best to use brushes with natural bristles such as wild boar hide. They are especially good at removing oil and dry shampoo residues from hair.
- Rub the shampoo into your head. This simple action will add volume to your hair.
How to choose the right dry shampoo?
Dry shampoos are available for dark and light shades. If the color is not indicated on the bottle, it will be white. This does not mean that the product is not suitable for dark hair, but it will take much longer to comb it out so that no whitish color remains.
Can I use dry shampoo?
Despite all the obvious advantages, dry shampoo does not replace traditional shampooing and is only a lifesaver that helps in situations where the first is not possible. If you use only dry shampoos, dirt will build upon your hair, which can clog your skin pores and cause dandruff.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of dry shampoo?
Pros of dry shampoo
- Thanks to the absorbents included in the shampoo, the hair becomes cleaner and fresher in appearance;
- Dry shampoo can reduce hair breakage;
- Added volume and splendor;
- Can be used in any conditions;
- The procedure takes only a few minutes and the effect is visible immediately;
- Hair is easier to style;
- Suitable for almost all hair types;
- If the product is used on colored hair, it will increase the interval between regular washing and, accordingly, will help to keep the color bright and saturated for longer;
- Most products have a pleasant aroma that enhances the feeling of cleanliness and freshness of hair.
Cons of dry shampoo
- If used too often, it can lead to clogged pores and the development of various inflammations;
- Dandruff may occur;
- Owners of dark hair should choose dry shampoos only for brunettes, to avoid the fact that the product will be visible on the hair;
- People with dry and very dry skin should use the product only as a last resort because it has a drying effect;
- Hair becomes more matte when using the product - to some extent, it loses its natural shine.
What are the precautions for dry shampoo?
Besides the rules on how to apply dry shampoo and how to spray it, you should also know the precautions when using it often:
- Avoid contact with eyes;
- Do not use on wet hair - the product will turn into lumps and gum the hair;
- To create a lush volume, dry shampoo is applied only to the hair roots;
- Do not use the it daily.
Dry shampoos make our life a little easier. But such products are not able to solve the problems that we are used to trusting regular care. Therefore, do not forget to follow the rules on how to use dry shampoo.