There are a lot of home remedies for dandruff therapy; several have come down to us from antiquity; others are based on modern medical developments. It is unpleasant to face this ailment, but you should not try all the home remedies from seborrhea that catch your eye without ensuring their effectiveness and safety.
The density of the hair, the rate of their growth, and the possibility of creating a root volume depend on the skin’s condition. Therefore, a skin mask is just as important as a hair mask. Let's figure out how to get rid of dander.
Why does dandruff appear, and what is it like?
Sebum is a natural barrier against infections, softening the leather and preventing it from drying out. If the leather produces more secretion, the oily type of dandruff develops, and if there is enough sebum, then a dry type of dander develops.
With the combined form, both dry and oily areas are on the head at the same time. Seborrheic dermatitis is more often chronic and can be triggered by the following factors:
- Frequent stress, nervous strain, chronic fatigue.
- Improper nutrition.
- Chronic intoxication (alcohol, nicotine, drugs).
- Endocrine Disorders.
- Weak immunity.
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Bad ecology.
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
As a result, the skin’s barrier function decreases, and conditionally pathogenic microflora, which usually does not harm a person, receive favorable development conditions.
How to treat dandruff with a home remedy?
One of the few diseases in which doctors advise treatment with folk remedies is seborrhea. But to effectively deal with it, you need to establish the reasons for its occurrence. It is recommended to go to the hospital and exclude serious diseases requiring compulsory in-patient observation.
After consulting a doctor, use these products at home. Medicines for dry seborrhea aim to replenish the lack of fatty lubricant and oily one at regulating the glands’ work and cleansing the skin. It is necessary to relieve inflammation and itching for any form of the disease.
You need to use the right hair products and adhere to the correct lifestyle not to aggravate the body’s condition, which will be the better home remedy for dandruff. Do not eat fast food, a lot of fatty, salty, and fried foods. Limit yourself in baked goods, sweets, and other easily digestible carbohydrates. Refrain from alcohol and smoking. Eat more vegetables, nuts, fruits and drink plenty of water. Drink complex vitamins regularly. Do not overuse styling products, as well as coloring and curling your chevelure.
Oily dandruff type
When the sebaceous ducts are clogged and infected, it takes a lot of effort to restore healthy skin. You can use both pharmacy and home dandruff remedies. The next pharmacological preparations are most popular to eliminate oily seborrhea:
- Zinc ointment limits the rise of fungus, dries out the skin, has antiseptic influence.
- Salicylic ointment suppresses the secretion of the sebaceous and sweat glands. Use in the morning and at bedtime 1-3 times per week. For adults only, it may cause burning, itching, and allergic rashes.
- Tar soap has an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, drying, and regenerating effect. Clean your chevelure every day, periodically replace the soap with a regular shampoo to help the skin rest. It is used for a long time until the problem disappears completely.
- Propolis tincture on alcohol. It is applied every other day for the whole night. In the morning, the film is removed with a cotton pad moistened with alcohol. The course of treatment is two months, if necessary, repeat after two more.
Special products that are sold in a pharmacy are best used after consulting a doctor.
Essential oils (citrus, cypress, sandalwood, juniper, cedar) added to shampoos or masks (2 drops per application) are excellent for oily dandruff.
The following folk recipes for oily seborrhea are used independently or in complex treatment:
- A decoction of burdock root eliminates inflammation and unclogs pores. Pour two tablespoons of the plant with a glass of aqua and cook for 15 minutes. After a day, rub it into the skin for at least two weeks, do not rinse.
- Aloe juice relieves inflammation and restores normal secretion. It is used both in pure form and in tinctures and masks. The mixture is prepared from 5 parts of juice and one part of alcohol and rubbed every other day for several months. For the mask, in addition to juice, castor oil and honey are taken in equal parts, applied once a week for an hour under a warming cap.
- Salt (preferably sea salt) enhances blood circulation, dries and cleanses the skin. It is rubbed in with massage for 20-30 minutes after each shampoo, then clean off without using foam. The saline solution is applied in the form of a mask for 30 minutes not to injure the leather with sharp grains. After the procedure, the ends of the chevelure can be moistened with a rinse or balm.
- Baking soda suppresses fat production. Massage the leather with a gruel of soda and aqua 15 minutes before washing.
- Turmeric is a natural antibiotic, contains many minerals and vitamins, has pronounced anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, nourishes and reinforces chevelure. It is added to masks no more than once a week due to the warming and irritating local effect. Do not use if there are wounds. If the chevelure and leather become colored, yellowness can be removed with kefir.
Home remedy for dandruff requires patience and a lot of free time, but you can be sure that the compounds are organic.
Dry dandruff type
Tight, dry skin requires gentle care and minimal contact with aqua. For treatment, 10% sulfur ointment is widely used, and shampoos containing selenium or tar. From home dandruff, the following remedies are the most popular:
- Honey mask. A spoonful of mayonnaise and honey for three tablespoons of olive. Use to leather, distribute through chevelure and wrap in plastic. After half an hour, gargle with acidified aqua.
- Coconut oil. Unrefined oil warmed to room temperature is used to dirty chevelure and insulated. It can be left overnight and clean off with foam.
- Chamomile. Insist two tablespoons of flowers in boiling aqua for 20 minutes—strain, cool. Stir honey in half and gargle your head after cleaning. After half an hour, rinse the honey from the hair.
- Nettle. Pour boiling aqua over dry leaves, let for two hours, and rub in daily.
- Parsley. Boil one part of the plant in an aqua bath in 5 parts of castor or vegetable oil for 30 minutes. Rub in every two days for two weeks. Then rest for 30 days and repeat.
- To eliminate dry dandruff, rub in olive, fir, burdock, linseed, or sea buckthorn oil. But don't use this technique more than twice a week. Two drops of essential oil (geranium, lavender, chamomile, mint, patchouli) were added to the shampoo assist.
Home remedy for any kind of dandruff
A little-known but very useful product from seborrhea is succinic acid. It is a powder obtained from natural amber that has a healing influence due to its antioxidant and stimulating characteristics. They drink it for general strengthening of the body, add to shampoos and masks, enhance the effectiveness, or use it to the leather, melting in an aqua. For home commodity for dandruff, you can use:
- Calendula. Insist two tablespoons of dried flowers in a glass of boiling aqua and regularly rub them into the leather.
- Oak bark. Three large heaped spoons of chopped dried bark, stir in a glass of boiling water, and cook for 20 minutes. Use the strained broth to wash your chevelure every three days.
- Walnut. Boil six tablespoons of finely chopped fresh let for 3 minutes in aqua and let to cool completely. With a towel soaked, cover your head, and then gargle with warm aqua. Apply every other day until dander disappears.
- You can also rinse your head with infusions of burdock; birch, oregano, beets, sage.
If you have extensions or chevelure clips, then gargle and wash with this home remedy for dandruff. Moreover, you should purify all your accessories and combs every week. Pay special attention to your extensions to make your hairdo look beautiful, and there is no dander left on the clips.
The complex treatment will surely return healthy shine and volume to your chevelure. Follow our JuvaBun tips so that you're dandruff problems will be treated.
The Secrets To Using Vitamins For Growth And Healthy Hair