For the first time, the gray-colored hair was presented at the Jean Paul Gaultier fashion show in 2011. The loud-colored hair of the fashion model was remarkable and shocking. However, in recent years women have started their hair transitioning into gray more frequently.
Maybe, the high demand for gray hair could be caused by the willingness to follow the customs carried by the Eastern calendar traditions. For instance, the metal color which prevails according to that calendar per the nature element circle may set the trend for the women’s hair-colored choice.
On the other hand, the desire to keep one’s natural look with minimum changes and interventions on the natural beauty or the ordinary life processes like aging is a strong driver for the promotion of gray hair among women. Hence, there are a lot of blogs that discover the different aspects of having gray hair, its treatment specifications, and curious stories on their daily life.
So, the gray is truthfully deemed to be neutral according to the three color undertone chart. That feature helps to well match various outfits, from the informal youth fineries to the formal business suits.
However, prior to the start of any hair transition, you should distinguish the types of the gray hair dyes subdivided per their tones such as:
- metallic graphite gray hair color;
- dark gray hair color;
- light gray hair color;
- gray and brown-colored hair;
- blue gray hair color;
- black and gray hair color.
Gray tones for safety hair transition
Gray-dyed hair more frequently so-called “granny” hair is actually a very risky and adventurous choice to start hairstyle experiments. You need to consider your skin, eye, and even natural hair color in order to pick up the perfect dye tone. Also, you should find a professional hairdresser who could help you to start a very exciting transition and, therefore, Kylie Janner’s statement about a little gray shade with minimum harmful effects for everyone's look is definitely correct and meaningful.
So, let's try to sum up the most discussed gray hair tones which could match certain women.
- Graphite tone. The hair blogs call this hair tone related to the gray color marengo, pencil lead, and ash. It is really a wrong opinion to compare the graphite-dyed hair with a little dusting of gray on a woman’s head, adding the years for her age. However, unprofessional hair stylists could make your strands pigmentless which are transparent, in fact. So, the popular graphite-colored hair provides a range of colors from light gray to dark along with the moon blinking effects. Graphite coloring requires skilled stylists that fit any appearance features. This color would adjoin impertinence to the teen style, like a spiked bracelet. The elegant aged ladies could transform their gray-colored hair into accessories. Nevertheless, we should mention some aspects to be noticed while the gray-colored hair color decision-making
- The graphite-dyed tone highlights the skin defects. The flecks of sunlight or acne make such a colored hair look vulgar;
- According to the statements of the famous hair blogs, marengo tone is an effective decision for the cool girls' appearance. Skin pallor and gray (or blue) eyes accompanied by graphite-colored hair make you beautiful like the Snow Queen.
- Take risky decisions if your seasonal color analysis is classified as winter or cool summer.
- Dark gray-colored hair. The second name of this interesting hair dye is deep gray or sometimes marengo-related color. It is used to color all hair length with the intense dye color effects and hide the dusting of gray by means of the shatush technique as well. If your appearance expresses the aristocratic spirit or the skin has olive pigments the dark gray-colored tone is a perfect way to start your hair coloring transition. This tone does not depend on the color of the eyes or the strands by itself. There are also no age limits while choosing this kind of hair coloring. Like the previous variant, it hides a little dusting of gray in your hair and makes a young woman’s look vivid.
However, dark gray-typed coloring should be avoided if a girl has problematic face skin and naturally red hair. The blondies also need to use this coloring type carefully because the full ash-colored dye could transit the greenish undertone. That effect is extraordinary, but not everyone is ready for a cardinal image style.
- Light gray-colored hair. Most hair blogs call this dyed hair characteristic of the unique play of colors as the headline of the 2020-2021 season. Depending on the lighting angle, this dyed color could look like ash-blond or gray and brown-cloured. This tone fits the girls with metallic or blue-colored eyes, a cool-typed appearance, and perfect skin. In the case your skin color type is warm, prone to blush, and affected with numerous skin irritations, the light gray-colored hair would be definitely not a successful option. In addition, if the under eye circles are a permanent attribute of your appearance, you don’t need to start your hair gray-colored transition unless you are a fan of the zombie apocalypse.
- Gray and brown-colored hair. The natural cool tone matches the light-colored eyes owners, who prefer the authenticity. However, the new gray hair would transform the women’s brown eyes resulting in sad under-eye bags. This dyed tone could also highlight the wrinkles and, therefore, it does not fit the women at age of 35+.
- Blue gray-colored hair. Such a youth choice is an original tone for creative persons. The blue and gray-colored tone ultra-stylish in 2020 facilitates dyeing as separate strands so all hair length. It applies in bayange and hombre coloring techniques, and, according to the hair blogs, the distressed jeans together with the blue-gray hair aspire you to do a big entrance.
- Black and gray-colored hair. The ash black color is a tone similar to a night moonlight-flooded sky. It creates the silver shines and the visual extra hair volume. The interesting point is that the black-gray color excellently matches sun-burn or aristocratic pallor skin, brown or green-colored eyes, and even thin facial contours. However, as a vast majority of these tones, it is hardly to be called a perfect color for the girls with skin defects, yellowness of the tooth, and heavy facial features. The age directly depends on this gray-toned color and v.v. because the black tones could visually get a face older and highlight the first wrinkles.
The women who choose the gray-colored hair have a specific and extraordinary taste, manage their own life activities, and stand assured of their inner strength, royal confidence, and creative inspiration.